Search thousands of entry level positions with local, state and federal agencies.
United States Postal Service – Postal Window Clerk
Pay Rate: $18.15 – $20.48
Join one of the largest government employers in the country. Thousands of Local Government jobs listed and multiple career paths to choose from you can search, prepare, and apply to positions in need for immediate hire. Register Online and Start the Hiring Process Today!
- Entry-level positions include paid training to those who qualify
- Provide Full Benefit Packages including Medical and Retirement
DUTIES: Performs distribution and a variety of sales and customer support services for products. Maintains pleasant and effective public relations with customers and others requiring a general familiarity with postal laws, regulations, and procedures commonly used.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Applicants must be physically able to efficiently perform the duties of the position with or without reasonable accommodation. CCA duties require arduous exertion involving prolonged standing, walking, bending and reaching, and may include handling heavy containers of mail weighing up to the allowable maximum mailing weight.
Qualified applicants must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screening to meet the U.S. Postal Service’s requirement to be drug-free. Applicants must also be a U.S. citizen or have permanent resident alien status.
All applicants for these positions have an exam requirement. Currently, applicants for this posting who do not yet have an exam score are being invited to take the exam. Examining will continue until capacity has been reached. Mail Carriers must have a clear driving history for the past two years.
- 18 years old at the time of appointment or 16 years old with a high school diploma
- United States citizen, permanent resident, or citizen of American Samoa or other U.S. territory
- Recent employment history
- Ability to pass a criminal background check, drug screening, and medical assessment
- Residency requirement for background checks
- Safe driving record (if applicable to the position)
- Must be registered with Selective Service if applicable
Instructions for Applying
- Register online and complete a short survey.
- Review the requirements listed on the job posting.
- Complete a live phone interview to assist locate the best position to meet your skills.
- Create a USPS account.
- Prepare for the postal entry level skill assessments.
- Take the official exam and wait for an interview invitation
Great Jobs Are Out There.
We Help You Get Hired.
Access to 1000s of jobs, placement assistance, hiring guides, unlimited skill testing and so much more.