Search thousands of entry level positions with local, state and federal agencies.
The United States Postal Service is Now Hiring – City Mail Carriers
Average Hourly Pay Rate is between $17.29 – $21.41
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Delivers and collects mail on foot or by vehicle under varying road and weather conditions in a prescribed area; maintains professional and effective public relations with customers and others, requiring a general familiarity with postal laws, regulations, products and geography of the area. The USPS is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and all hiring decisions are made by the local postal authority.
All applicants for these positions have an exam requirement. Currently, applicants for this posting who do not yet have an exam score are being invited to take the exam. Examining will continue until capacity has been reached. Mail Carriers must have a clear driving history for the past two years.
Register Now, to Start the Hiring Process
Unlike other job sites, we understand obtaining employment is a process and include placement assistance to get you hired fast!
- 18 years old at the time of appointment or 16 years old with a high school diploma
- United States citizen, permanent resident, or citizen of American Samoa or other U.S. territory
- Recent employment history
- Ability to pass a criminal background check, drug screening, and medical assessment
- Residency requirement for background checks
- Safe driving record (if applicable to the position)
- Must be registered with Selective Service if applicable
Applicants must have a valid state driver’s license, a safe driving record, and at least two years of unsupervised experience driving passenger cars or larger. The driving must have taken place in the U.S. or its possessions
or territories or in U.S. military installations worldwide.
Instructions for Applying
- Register online and complete a short survey.
- Review the requirements listed on the job posting.
- Complete a live phone interview to assist locate the best position to meet your skills.
- Create a USPS account.
- Prepare for the postal entry level skill assessments.
- Take the official exam and wait for an interview invitation
Great Jobs Are Out There.
We Help You Get Hired.
Access to 1000s of jobs, placement assistance, hiring guides, unlimited skill testing and so much more.