POSITION: Retail and Delivery Security Officer
CATEGORY: Security and Transport
SALARY RANGE: Median Pay $25 – $30 per hour
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES – Looking for a career in an exciting new industry? Our employers are now looking for dependable and highly motivated individuals who available for immediate hire. Duties include:
- Secures premises and personnel by patrolling property; monitoring surveillance equipment; inspecting buildings, equipment, and access points; permitting entry
- Participates in routine safety equipment checks to ensure security equipment is functioning properly and is regularly maintained, following manufacturer’s instructions; inspects and adjusts security systems, equipment, and machinery as needed to ensure operational use and detect evidence of tampering; troubleshoots malfunctions, calling for repairs as needed; evaluates new equipment and techniques.
- Monitors and authorizes entrance and departure of employees, visitors, vendors, and other persons, asking for appropriate documentation and/or authorization in order to stop suspicious people and guard against theft and maintaining the security of premises
- Responds to alarms, calls of distress, or emergencies such as fire, injuries or presence of unauthorized persons by calling the police, fire departments and/or local emergency response teams. Investigates and reports disturbances, hazards, and suspicious activities to local police for correction actions.
- Ensures reports, records, and other documentation is accurate, complete, timely and in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Maintains the company’s stability and reputation by complying with local, state and federal laws and regulations
- Performs other duties as assigned by management
- Officers will carry/maintain a firearm in a professional, yet non-threatening manner. Firearm shall be carried on the officer’s dominant hip, no cross-draw holster allowed
- Security must have DOA level two retention security holster.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EXAMINATION REQUIREMENTS: This job has an exam requirement. Currently, applicants for this posting who do not yet have an exam score are being invited to take the exam. Examining will continue until capacity has been reached.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to lift, carry and balance up to 50 pounds (100 pounds with assistance) AND must be able to do so with extreme care and caution when working with the product.
NOTICE SCREENINGS REQUESTED: You may receive multiple requests for background checks in regards to this employment opportunity. Respond to all requests quickly as we anticipate filling our vacancies quickly and nonresponses may result in disqualification for this opportunity.