Search thousands of entry level positions with local, state and federal agencies.
United States Postal Service – MAIL PROCESSING CLERK
Pay Rate: $18.15 per hour
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Performs a variety of clerk duties required to process mail using automated mail processing equipment or manual methods of sortation and distribution. Ideal candidates will require a general familiarity with postal laws, regulations, and procedures commonly used. The USPS is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and all hiring decisions are made by the local postal authority.
All applicants for these positions have an exam requirement. Currently, applicants for this posting who do not yet have an exam score are being invited to take the exam. Examining will continue until capacity has been reached. Mail Carriers must have a clear driving history for the past two years.
- 18 years old at the time of appointment or 16 years old with a high school diploma
- United States citizen, permanent resident, or citizen of American Samoa or other U.S. territory
- Recent employment history
- Ability to pass a criminal background check, drug screening, and medical assessment
- Residency requirement for background checks
- Safe driving record (if applicable to the position)
- Must be registered with Selective Service if applicable
Instructions for Applying
- Register online and complete a short survey.
- Review the requirements listed on the job posting.
- Complete a live phone interview to assist locate the best position to meet your skills.
- Create a USPS account.
- Prepare for the postal entry level skill assessments.
- Take the official exam and wait for an interview invitation
Great Jobs Are Out There.
We Help You Get Hired.
Access to 1000s of jobs, placement assistance, hiring guides, unlimited skill testing and so much more.